Sunday, April 22, 2012

22

 knowing i had to run/walk 22 miles by myself was intimidating.  due to an all-day dyslexia training saturday, here i was at 7:30 with a water bottle and a sandwich bag of pretzels and cliff blocks (sticky sugar).  
 snapped this while still moving. 

i'd biked this far before, but not seen it on foot.  
statistics:
9 rabbits in the first 5 miles, none after.
uncounted birds - robins and cardinals mostly.
no water fountain at milford.  uh-oh.  
lots of music on the shuffle. 
4 hours 30 minutes 

you've heard that the best things in life aren't things?  agreed, they are people.  i'd turned around at mile 11, and by 13 the water bottle was almost empty.  here comes my sister, in the cold morning, on her bike.  a beautiful sight.  

5 comments:

  1. I love how you take us through your run and then end with the beautiful sight of your sister. Aww! I bet it was sooo good to see her. 22 miles, Noreen...You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, I am so impressed with you! Congratulations! The sheer thought if 4+ hours is too daunting to me. I've started running again...baby steps, I promise, but it feels good (when it doesn't hurt like heck!). Like Theresa, I love how you take us through your run. The minimalism of your words is very appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy track shoes! You are a wild woman Noreen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an effort - well done - and you managed to take photos along the way - incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...